For Program Administrators

Program Administrators are the keys to the success of the Harvard Policy for the Safety and Protection of Minors. You manage our Programs, ensure Policy and legal compliance and work the Tub Sponsoring Office to ensure that all Responsible Adults in a Program are ready to work in youth-serving Programs. Here, you can:

Below are some forms that you may ask faculty, parents, contractors/vendors/lessees or other staff you to complete before a youth-serving Program can be approved by a Tub Sponsoring Office.

Finally, you can review the resource links below to learn more about Harvard and and our efforts to create a safe and supportive environment for youth.

From the Policy:

Program Administrator(s) – An individual(s) designated as the primary contact for the Program.  The Program Administrator must be a Harvard faculty or staff member or a Harvard student.  Responsibilities of the Program Administrator shall include:

  • Submitting the Program registration to the Tub Sponsoring Office for approval;
  • Completing Harvard’s Minors training program;
  • Providing registration details to HUPD and HUHS if the Program has a residential component;
  • Submitting  a list of the Program’s Responsible Adults to the Tub Sponsoring Office;
  • Confirming that the Program’s Responsible Adults have been screened and that they have successfully completed the required training programs; the Program Administrator is also responsible for creating and facilitating Program-specific trainings, if applicable; and
  • Distributing the Guidelines for Interacting with Minors to the Program’s Responsible Adults and other adult participants.

Environmental Health and Safety Review Checklist (minors in labs)

A helpful checklist for Program Administrators and Principal Investigators seeking to conduct work or research in labs or other instructional facilities with minors.

Application for Student Minors to Enter Harvard University Laboratories

Program Administrator or Principal Investigator seeking to conduct work or research in labs or other instructional facilities with minors should fill out this form and return it to Environmental Health & Safety at